Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Homemade Marshmallows and Rice Crispy Treats


Many of you know corn and I do not get along.  And since America is built on corn, we have to look at every ingredient in everything we buy to make sure there is not any corn or corn by product in it.  Talk about a headache.  It takes forever to go grocery shopping.  We are getting better at it though and have been able to find many of the foods we love, without corn products.  Perhaps our waistlines would do better if we hadn't found a really good alternative to Nabisco's Oreos, but Back to Nature sure is good.

Anyway, I really love rice crispy treats, but marshmallows...well...pretty much all corn syrup.  So my dear husband decided we would make our own.  So we did.  And they turned out terrific! 




We have to get the rice crispies at Trader Joe's since the kind you can buy at a regular grocery store are made with corn syrup.  Oh I'm loving Trader Joe's.  All natural ingredients, and the prices are great!



I'm starting to think Isaac really doesn't like it when I take his photograph.  Or is it that I had to make sure I got the marshmallow he had all over his face.


As an aside...
We got new phones and I have been trying my hand at using the camera.  It's not bad.  I however...am not that good.  I usually cut off our faces and get just our eyes... or just our mouths.


 
They turned out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment